Wimbledon 2012: Petra Kvitova's defence of appellation ends as Serena Williams storms into semi finals Jul 4 2012

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SERENA WILLIAMS ashamed arresting best Petra Kvitova bygone to move ominously afterpiece to a fifth Wimbledon crown.
The American denticulate a beauteous 6-3 7-5 win beneath the Centre Court roof.
Kvitova’s endure accident at the All England Club was in the 2010 semi-final if she was aswell dumped by Williams.
The sixth berry had too abundant ability and guile for the Czech kid and accepted she relished the adventitious to prove she still has what it takes to win a Grand Slam in the deathwatch of her first-round accident at the French Open.
Williams said: “Maybe the bad day at the appointment in Paris helped me. I achievement so because I wish to play a brace of added matches here. I’m accepting the time of my life.
“I had to footfall it up because I was arena the arresting champion, it was tough.
“It feels acceptable although I don’t apperceive if it was all about dethroning or just arena the best bout I could.
“It’s exciting. Everyone thinks about appropriation the trophy. It’s something I’ve anticipation about but my capital ambition is to accumulate progressing.
“I don’t anticipate about getting the favourite. I just accept to apply on acceptable two added matches.”
Kvitova couldn’t arouse up the avowal that saw her abduction her aboriginal Grand Slam 12 months ago and insisted no one will stop Williams accepting yet addition title.
She said: “It was a abundant bout from both of us but she just served abundant bigger than me and did bigger on the important points.
“Serena will win the title. It is about absurd to exhausted her if she plays like this.
“I accept a bays at home from endure year but it is actual black to leave the clash in the quarters. I apperceive I accept to accumulate convalescent but I am searching advanced to advancing aback actuality for the Olympics.”
The 22-year aswell accepted she struggled to cope with the burden of getting arresting best over the accomplished 10 days.
She added: “It was difficult in the aboriginal annular if I opened on Centre Court and played badly.
“After that I approved not to anticipate about getting the arresting best and approved to be added relaxed.”
In the all-German action of the blondes Angelique Kerber belted out Sabine Lisicki 6-3 6-7 7-5 in a two and a bisected hour rollercoaster.
Eighth berry Kerber said: “It was an astonishing match. Sabine played astonishing tennis. I bare to play my best and I’m blessed to be in my aboriginal semi-final.
“It was harder arena anyone I know. We’ve accepted anniversary added from a adolescent age and mentally it was not easy.
“But it doesn’t amount who you play out there. You charge to play your best. I ashore to my plan and I anticipate I did a abundant job.”
Second berry Victoria Azarenka, of Belarus, ran out a 6-3 7-6 champ over Austrian Tamira Paszek and Pole Agnieszka Radwanska exhausted Russian Maria Kirilenko 7-5 4-6 7-5 in a nailbiter.